The BCS allows for the connection of (2) 2x’s to a 4x post or (3) 2x’s to a 6x post. Double-shear nailing between beam and post gives added strength. The BC series offers dual-purpose post cap/base for light cap or base connections.
BCS 3 IN. X 6 IN. GALVANIZED DOUBLE POST CAP/BASE
• Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
• Do not install bolts into pilot holes
• BCS — install dome nails on beam; drive nails at an angle through the beam into the post below to achieve the table loads
• BC — install with 0.162″ x 3 1/2″ nails or 0.162″ x 2 1/2″ joist hanger nails
• Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports)
• To tie multiple 2x members together, the Designer must determine the fasteners required to join members to act as one unit without splitting the wood
Chat with us now or call toll free 1-800-570-2211.