The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion battery charges faster and works longer than standard lithium-ion batteries, giving you and your cordless tools unmatched performance and productivity to take on the most demanding applications. The Makita 4.0 Ah battery combines more run time (35-Percent more run time per charge than the Makita BL1830 battery) with a category-leading charge time of only 40 minutes, so it spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For added convenience, it also features an L.E.D. charge level indicator to monitor battery charge. The 18V LXT 5.0Ah battery (BL1850) is compatible only with Star Protection tools, indicated by the Star Symbol and/or Yellow Battery Receiver under the tool. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries resist self-discharge so they’re ready for use even after long periods of storage. The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger (sold separately) is a smart-charging system that communicates with the battery during the charging process to monitor current, voltage and temperature. This advanced charging technology helps optimize battery life and deliver a faster charge. In addition, the Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster and more efficient charging, even in hot weather conditions. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created STAR Protection Computer Controls. STAR Protection is communication technology that allows the tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. Makita, the innovation leader in cordless tool technology, has the world’s cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V lithium-ion slide-style battery.
MAKITA 18V 5AH BATTERY 2 PACK
• 5.0 Ah battery offers maximum run time for prolonged, heavy-duty applications
• NEW Battery fuel gauge indicates approximate remaining battery power
• NEW Battery Protection System provides Over-Discharge, Temperature and Current Protection for enhanced performance, battery cycle life and overall battery life (when used with STAR marked tool)
• Optimum Charging System utilizes 3 Active Controls (Current, Voltage and Temperature) to maximize battery life
• Built-In Memory Chip communicates with Charger CPU to optimize the charging process based on the unique conditions of each battery