Job Type: Full-time, in person
Location: Barrie, ON
Fastek Inc. is an industry leader of industrial and commercial tool sales, service, supplies, and repair located in the Niagara, Barrie, and Hamilton markets for 30 years.
If you are you interested in power tools and equipment for the growing construction industry in our area, please consider joining our service and sales team in our Barrie location.
Team recognition and creating a family-style personalized service for our customers not seen at other stores is our goal. In our drive to be a morally and ethically solid company, we commit to these core values in our interactions with each other and our customers.
We’re looking for an outward thinking enthusiastic individual to help propel the branch forward. We have established five stores across Ontario, including growing our digital marketing and creating an e-commerce webstore.
If you have a good mix of technical knowledge (of construction tools and fasteners) and strong customer service/sales skills, then this career is for you.
- Educate and advise customers on tool and supply products, warranties, provide quotes, coordinate delivery dates, and follow up.
- Help with merchandizing, organizing, and maintaining showroom and the warehouse, including inventory.
- Serve customers and process orders in person, over the phone and via email.
- Help to manage existing customer accounts and develop new accounts.
- Help with purchasing, sourcing, and receiving products, including loading and unloading products to and from warehouse, trucks and/or customer vehicles.
Some important qualifications that we feel provide a solid foundation for this role include:
- At least 3+ years of mechanical and/or technical sales experience.
- Some knowledge of construction and industrial products including fasteners, screws, bolts, anchors and/or abrasives.
- The ability to build rapport and communications with customers.
- Keen attention to detail- you will be handling purchases and cash, customer inquiries and orders, as well as inventory.
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs as well as the ability to bend, kneel, and stand for extended periods of time, and comfortable using ladders.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay, promotion opportunities and a benefits plan.
- Monday to Friday; no weekend shifts.
- Supportive team at the branch as well as head office.
- In store discounts.
- A good company name: we are an established business with a strong customer base grown over 30 years.
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Barrie, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary school (required)
- Customer service: 3 years (required)
- Retail sales: 3 years (required)
- Driver’s license (required)